This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again.

Subject İnformation
Author starwolf Replies 0
Share Views 2549
General rules
The following rules apply to Star Wolves platforms and services and the official Space Frontiers Discord server.

0. Regarding minors. 
(I) NO minors are allowed to be present or to partake in our server or services unless they are accompanied by parental consent and by parental supervision. The games at which our services are aimed at are rated 18+.
(II) Orderly and respectful conduct from adults around or towards minors is a standard that you must do your best to uphold at all times.
1. No NSFW conversations or content.
(I) No extreme vulgar, violent, disgusting, brutal or sexually explicit conversations or content.
(II) Assume that there are minors watching and therefore do not go overboard with what you post. You can always DM someone that you know appreciates NSFW themed content, do not share it here.
2. With respect to freedom of speech.
(I) We offer everyone the freedom of speech and freedom to offend.
(II) But to a reasonable extend that doesn't result in the degeneracy of our chat. Please, dependent on the severity of the offending speech you may have outed, consider how often and when you would like to repeat it in this server.
(III) We also offer a place to discuss controversial topics, but when you discuss or mention such topics ensure you do so with the right motives. It is easy to provoke a lot of emotions and chaos in the chat by being careless with what you write.
(IV) Jokes about sensitive topics are okay but refer to Rules 2.II and 3 . We will do our best to allow for genuine jokes, but we keep our eyes out on controversial jokes a bit more. Just because sometimes the motivations aren't always to truly try and make people laugh.
3. No bad trolls.
(I) Please ensure that the persona you represent in our server is "real enough". Ie not just some shady impersonal account that constantly attempts to disrupt and only acts in non-contributive and disrupting patterns (no bad trolls basically).
(II) If your account shows similarities with that of a bad troll you always run the chance of a potential misjudgment from our moderation team due to the unchangeable nature of the internet.
4. No unnecessary toxicity.
(I) Do not start malevolent flame wars with other toxic members, if people join this community with the sole intention to troll or be non-constructively mean, they should be removed from the group.
(II) Creating flame wars with all kinds of insults and toxic/nasty behaviour towards one another is a bad display for public channels. If you want to fight someone and they hate you too, start the fight in DMs.
5. Do not break the relevant Terms Of Service on the platforms we use.
(I) Corporate and/or public community platforms like Discord have great reach and advantages. We do not want our community banned on those places. For the importance of freedom of speech freely access our self-hosted discourse platforms such as our Matrix server.
Staff Rules:
1. Punish users with an escalation method.
(I) Severity of punishments are decided by the severity of the violation and depending on if the violator has previously been warned or punished before for (similar) violations.
(II) The stair-case to punishment escalation involves several timeouts before more severe punishments are made.
(III) If the violator is suspected to violate Rule 3.I the escalation staircase could be bypassed when there is a shortage of time/staff-manpower or if a wave of trolls is active.
2. Punishment code of conduct.
(I) Incorrect punishments deem to be corrected and apologized for.
3. Staff code of conduct.
(I) Staff members are not expected to aggravate members or situations for the sole sake of causing chaos.
(II) Do not moderate disinformation (in the context of political or "media sensitive" content) unless you were given explicit permission by STARWOLF.
Report disruptors by tagging or DMing staff.